Why is High Quality smaller than Small File?

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I have a 7 page Microsoft Access report. I right click & print to a doPDF file using the small size setting & the resulting PDF file is 2325 KB. I then do the same but save as a High Quality PDF file & the resulting PDF file is 1049 KB. It is half the size in HQ.
Again using doPDF if I right click a single page in the Access report & print to a file the single page is 336 KB in Small file and 154 KB in High Quality. Again it is half the size in HQ.
I then right click & save a single page from the 2325 KB PDF file that was created with doPDF. The Small file PDF is 391 KB and the High Quality PDF is 613 KB. This makes sense that the HQ is larger than the Small file.
But why do the PDFs in the first two paragraphs have HQ files half the size of the small files?

Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

bump
Anyone have any idea what is causing this?
Are the Small & HQ simply reversed for some reason? Or in the first example should the HQ file be even larger than the 2325 KB file?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

That seems odd, usually the HQ and SQ files can be of the same size if the original document contains only text, however HQ should be gradually increasing in size if images are added. Can you send us a proof of the access report to info[]dopdf[]com? We've tried to reproduce it here but no luck, and also please share with us the OS and the version of Access you're using.

Follow us to stay updated:

Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I’m using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and MS Access 2010 32 bit vers # 14.0.61.29.5000.
Each Access record is basically a form which has a logo & some lines which create boxes around some fields of information. It also contains people’s names, addresses & other personal information. I’d like to send you a copy to experiment with, but I don’t think the people who have their personal data in it would appreciate that.
I'll have to see if I can generate a similar database with fictitious information.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

It would help us if you could send at least one entry (can be an entry with bogus information in it) to test the possible bug in here, as we can't reproduce it. So if possible send us the minimum amount of information that still generates the error on your side.

Follow us to stay updated: