White field in created PDF file

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Jabbe

Post by Jabbe »

I use doPDF for splitting an existing PDF file, with 2 pages (order page + drawing). When I print page2 with doPDF, it doesn't look the same any more. About 40% of the picture (drawing) is white, only some (random?) text and lines are shown on the right half.

I updated to the latest version today, but it is still the same result.

Any clues what can cause this?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

What PDF reader are you using? Make sure you use the latest version of that pdf reader, and also in doPDF modify the Resolution from 300dpi to the maximum dpi allowed.
When you print a PDF to another PDF, the quality of the latter one will be lower though. Ideally you should use the original document to do the splitting.

Follow us to stay updated:

Jabbe

Post by Jabbe »

I have Adobe Reader 9.0.0.

I also tried to change the dpi from 300 to 1200, but it looked exactly the same.
I could split the PDF with another program, and that looked OK. But it is easier to just reprint one page out of many with doPDF (if it works...)
Can I upload the file for you to investigate further?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

If the resolution change didn't work, I don't think there's much we can do but send it to info[at]dopdf[dot]com so we could see exactly what happens. Again, it isn't really recommended to print a pdf to another pdf since PDF is already a compressed format.

Follow us to stay updated: