want to create pdf programmatically using vb.net

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
yogs

want to create pdf programmatically using vb.net

Post by yogs »

hi ,

I need to programmatically convert html file stored in D:\Test\Testfile.htm to D:\Test\Testfile.pdf using do pdf. I have just installed do pdf but new to it. any help on this would be appreciated.
Actually we have a Windows service which processes the files & then gives print to htm file to convert htm file in 1 location with pdf file in same location. is it possible using do pdf ? also there shouldn't be any dialog box to print. it should directly print the htm file to pdf

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: want to create pdf programmatically using vb.net

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

It's not possible with doPDF, but we do have an SDK program that lets you convert PDFs programatically - http://www.novapdf.com/pdf-sdk.html

sdhurjet

Re: want to create pdf programmatically using vb.net

Post by sdhurjet »

Hi,

We need to create PDF from word pragmatically or an exe is also fine which we can run that exe from java program by passing input word file so that we will get PDF. Is it possible with novaPDF?
I saw there is a sample Java file , if we need complete code , is that some thing we need to buy or it is free.
We have actually a exe file currently which is converting from word to pdf but unable to search that .. that is the problem. We are looking for a exe which can take word as parameter and provide pdf which is searchable, p;ease share your thoughts.

Thanks for your help

sdhurjet.