'Use user's regional settings' and Windows MUI

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
wokkeltje

Post by wokkeltje »

We use Windows 7 with Multi User Interface (English Windows with German, French Interface)and I use also the 'Use user's regional settings' in doPDF to get the same language in doPDF as the interface language in Windows. Problem now is that doPDF uses the system language (English) and not the UserInterface language (ex German)

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
We have replicated the situation and are making additional tests to see what may be the cause for the issue.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

wokkeltje

Post by wokkeltje »

In the release notes of version 7.3 I found

Fix: Corrected language selection depending on regional settings
but after my first test, this did not solve the issue. doPDF is still in English

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
Are you having this issue in the Program Files interface (Start - All Programs - doPDF 7 - doPDF) for doPDF or in the printer interface?
We have tested multiple regional settings with languages and the main printer interface was changed successfully when both installing and printing.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hello,
We have re-tested this and it is working.
Please try to do a clean installation of doPDF by following these steps
http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... df#post-44
After you do steps 1 and 2, go to the following registry path
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Softland\doPDF and remove any related keys that may still remain after the uninstallation.
After that do the third step from the article and install using the regional settings. Let us know if you still have issues afterwards.

wokkeltje

Post by wokkeltje »

Still the same issue (I am working with OS deployment, so every test is a fresh install)
When I select French as display language, doPDF remains in English in the printer interface, the startmenu remains in English, but this looks normal to me and is not a big issue.
According to me, the interface language of doPDF should match the interface language of Win7 that is installed as English but with the French MUI added
thanks for the effort you put in this issue

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
Can you please provide us a step by step installation guide you are doing starting from the fresh windows installation and ending with the issue you are getting so we can replicate the same steps and get to the same result from here because so far all our tests have been successful.
Thank you.