Upgrade a pdf file to a newer version

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
cfcProgrammer

Post by cfcProgrammer »

Hi,
I have a pdf file that i need to upgrade to 5 or higher. I downloaded doPDF 6 but I am unable to open and save teh old pdf file. How can i upgrade this older pdf file to the newer one. I do not have a copy of the original word doc that this was created from.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

hi, I think you are referring to converting the pdf to PDF 1.4 which is compatible with Adobe 5.x

if this is so, dopdf creates the pdf using this specification, PDF 1.4, so I think you can open the pdf and print it to dopdf, the resulting being compatible with adobe 5.x
not sure why you say that you couldn't open and save the old pdf file, any specific errors when opening, or simply dopdf didn't convert it?

Follow us to stay updated:

cfcProgrammer

Post by cfcProgrammer »

Hi Softland,
Thank you so much for your response. I don't remember exactly what the error was that i was getting yesterday but I am no longer gettign the error, however, the pdf is not what i am expecting still. The original pdf is editable and when i try to print using the dopdf it will allow me to save the file dopdf does not take all of its settings with it and the newly converted form is now unable to edit.
The original issue was that this form was unable to save the information entered into it. We were ony allowed to print the form and it's data but none of it would be saved. I am trying ot make a copy of the pdf form that will allow editing and allow the data to be saved on the form.
??? Any ideas?
Colleen

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, didn't know you need it editable. The problem is that dopdf will see the content of the pdf being converted to the new PDF as an image and not as editable/searchable text. Sorry but I don't have a solution for you.

Follow us to stay updated: