Unchecking Open PDF in Reader option doesn't prevent opening!

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
magic144

Post by magic144 »

that's too bad

I don't think it's ever advisable to turn off UAC or run IE as admin... that's just asking for trouble

just have to remember to set my settings via notepad or some "regular user privelege" app first, until you figure this out

perhaps you could have a "broker" service running (or equivalent) that could do priveleged things on your behalf

magic144

Post by magic144 »

mmm, and I can't spell privilege...

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
This is is not as much as a functionality issue for doPDF as it is an application handling issue with IE.
We have tested all the other popular web browsers and none of them is having this issue.
However we will investigate this further with our development team for an eventual solution.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

I have the same problem as Magic144. I wondered how to stop it, but couldn't. At least now I know it's just me. I use "doPDF" printing billing documents from IE, so I guess I am stuck. I have to use IE because the entity that we are billing uses embedded cookies that make using another browser impossible. The data I publish opens up Notepad and comes back as pages crammed with uncontrolled code, I guess. But it opens and I shut it in a matter of seconds. It's an added step that I wish I didn't have to take.

I hope you can solve the situation soon.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
As explained in the previous reply, this functionality is related to the IE behavior rather than the doPDF application.
So for a temporary workaround please follow the steps provided in our previous replies to print correctly.
Thank you for understanding.

Follow us to stay updated:

xjdan89

Post by xjdan89 »

You two are not alone. This issue is evident for my Win7 32bit users (IE8). We haven't tested on Win7 64bit yet. I am in an environment where disabling UAC is not an option.
A better solution would be to save the setting to the HKCU hive in the registry.