Toolbar button for Microsoft Office Applications

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if it would be possible to add a toolbar button for office applications? Perhaps a button for Internet Explorer as well.
I have a client that uses DoPDF on his machine. He uses Microsoft Project 2003. When he generates a report and prints it, the select printer option is greyed out. DoPDF must be the default printer to create a PDF of the report. There are other situations that would make a Print to DoPDF button very helpful. If the development team will not consider this feature, can someone point me in the right direction so I can try and create a button myself. Thanks for your support...

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, we do have such a feature in mind but for the long run, given that's a lot of work to do.
For your client I would suggest to tell him to press Ctrl+P in Publisher, rather than using the Print icon, because using the keyboard will open the window that lets you select dopdf from the printers instead of printing directly. The behavior of the Print icon in the toolbar can be modified by right-clicking on the toolbar, selecting Customize, and after that right-clicking on the Print icon - in the Name section it should be "&Print..." instead of "&Print" so that it will open the window that lets you select the printer.

Follow us to stay updated:

gsouders

Post by gsouders »

Hi Support,
Thanks for your reply. I figured that you may have a button in mind for the future. I looked into how to create one and found it will be quite a bit of work. Thanks for the Ctrl-P idea. That should serve my clients needs for now. I also like the suggestion to change the behavior of the Print button. I will do this on all my clients machines that use DoPDF or have multiple printers installed. I think that this should be the default behaivor for the button in this case. It is the default behaivor for the Internet Explorer print button. Thanks for the suggestions and for producing a great product...