The MB dimension of printed file is bigger than original word one.

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
kana48

Post by kana48 »

Since I installed the last version of doPDF7, I am experiencing a very odd problem. The MB dimension of the printed PDF file is double of word file. I mean, if the word file is 40MB the result printed PDF file become 81MB about.

I just printed a 3,61MB jpg image and the PDF printed result has been 8,6 MB

This trouble was not present with previous version (doPDF6). Why does this happen. I usually configure the doPDF printer 300 as resolution. I compared with other PDF virtual printer, but the result has been lower than word original file (the resolution is always 300).

I tested on both XP pro(32bit) and Windows7 (64bit) OS.

Is there a solution?

Best regards

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

hi, please follow the suggestion here as it will reduce the size of the PDF - http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/keeping-file-size-down

Follow us to stay updated:

kana48

Post by kana48 »

Thank you for your kind and quickly answer.

I had already tried your suggestion, but the result of the image in the PDF printed file was very bad. I suppose that is not a right solution. By the way the real problem is the pdf printed file size becomes double than original one? I would expect at least the same size, not the double!!!

Thank you again and have a good day.

Giampaolo

Claudiu (Softland)

but with the new instructions, how large was the resulting pdf file compared to the original one? the only other solution to improve the image quality from dopdf is to modify the resolution from the default one to a larger dpi.

kana48

Post by kana48 »

Dear Softland,

thank you for your kind answer.

With the new instructions I have reduced the size of a DOC file from 41MB to 11MB (image resolution 96dpi). Then, I converted the reduced doc file to PDF one. The resulting PDF file has been more than 26MB and the image quality was quite good. Using the PDF printing option of the MS word (Office 2007) the result has been just 3MB instead.

By the way the real problem, for me, is the size of the resulting PDF file that is often (99%) double than original one. In fact, I have tried to convert a simple JPG image to PDF and the result has been a double PDF file. Therefore, I suppose, there is a trouble in the conversion routine.

I am using your a good PDF converter since the first versions and I remember this kind of trouble I never had before now.

By the way, I am confident and I hope a solution because it is a big problem by my side.

Thank you and have a good week.
Giampaolo
P.S.: I am experiencing this kind of trouble with various OS (Win 2000, XP, Win7 64bit)

Claudiu (Softland)

we do the image conversion in a different way than the native office plug-in does it, that's why the difference in size. improving image conversion is one of our goals for a future version.