send PDF as attachment using default email client

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
anon

Post by anon »

Before I load this up, I wanted to know if this feature is available. I run across many reference documents that I want to print to PDF, but automatically send it to my email client (Thunderbird) as a PDF attachment.
I could not find anything on this topic.
-Thanks

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

No, doPDF will not send the PDF automatically after it's created via email, you will have to manually attach it.
Right now this feature is only available in novaPDF Pro ( http://www.novapdf.com ) but this is a commercial product not free like doPDF.

Follow us to stay updated:

dpruitt

Post by dpruitt »

I Have an older, less expensive version of Autodesk/AutoCAD. It's called QuickCAD and my drawings are generated in .CAD format. The program has a conversion feature which allows me to convert the drawings to .DWG,.DXF. WMF &.SKF however these days everyone wants me to email drawings to them in PDF format. I downloaded doPDF but I do not know how to send the drawings via email after I"ve sent them to the doPDF printer. Can anyone HELP ME PLEASE.
Thanks!! Don

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi, when you're creating a PDF with dopdf it lets you specify where to store the PDF files. If you have them stored on your desktop for instance, when you create a new email you can simply drag and drop them in the body of the email to attach them to it.
doPDF cannot do this automatically, meaning attaching them to the email after they're created, so you would need to do this manually.

Follow us to stay updated: