"Save PDF As" window hidden

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
strider56

Post by strider56 »

This has been a problem for the last few versions - keep hoping it will be fixed. I multitask a lot so always have several windows open. When I click print and choose DoPDF the "DoPDF - Save PDF As" window opens ALWAYS behind all the other windows I have open and I have to hunt for it. Why not make it open in front of the other windows so I can find it?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

hi, this is fixed, simply check the Always on top option once in the save as window, and it will be remembered everytime. if it doesn't show up make sure you install a newer version of dopdf.

Follow us to stay updated:

kbrick

Post by kbrick »

Not quite. I posted about this same problem some time ago. I'm using Dopdf version 7 build 321 and sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems like it is about 50/50. Frequently doesn't when I have windows filling the entire screen. Example Firefox. I'm using Win7

kbrick

Post by kbrick »

Not quite. I posted about this same problem some time ago. I'm using Dopdf version 7 build 321 and sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. Seems like it is about 50/50. Frequently doesn't when I have windows filling the entire screen. Example Firefox. I'm using Win7

Claudiu (Softland)

So in windows 7 when you're printing from firefox sometimes the save window doesn't stay on top even if the option is enabled? if you can give more details on how to reproduce this would be perfect as we'd be able to issue a fix.

kbrick

Post by kbrick »

Yes, If I have Firefox open to a full window and even less tham a full window, I select Print from the File menu and select the dopdf printer. I get the small dialog box in the middle of the screen that says "Save pdf As" window hidden <<pdf forum - dopdf

Progress: Preparing
At this time, the task bar shows a new task dialog saying Dopdf - Save File

I can either click that box inthe task bar to bring the hidden dialog box forward or minimize Firefox to access the box and click ok to save the file. Stay on top IS checked for sure but it doesn't stay on top. This is not limited to Firefox, it happens with most programs I use including MS Word.
Thanks for any help you can provide

Claudiu (Softland)

Well if i could reproduce this it would mean it's a correctable bug. However I just tested this on Windows 7 and everything works fine for me, even if the Stay on top option is checked or not, I still get the save window on top of the firefox one.

Try uninstalling dopdf, restart, then reinstall version 7.1.

Natori

Post by Natori »

TextMaker too.
Win7 x64 Aero, stay on top
Ctrl+P -> OK -> Cancel -> Ctrl+P -> OK -> Cancel -> over many times -> reproduction is complete

Claudiu (Softland)

this is indeed a bug in win7 x64. we've reproduced this here and we'll have it fixed in the next build.

kbrick

Post by kbrick »

Great, glad you found it.

Thanks