Restart doPDF printer after I accidentally deleted all printers

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Eta Beta

Post by Eta Beta »

Hello,
Is there a way to restart (or add) doPDF printer after I accidentally deleted all printers from my system?
Does doPDF printer offer a (friendly) way to add/remove (its PDF) printer?
Thanks a lot

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,
Please follow u on this article on how to do a clean reinstallation of doPDF on your computer.
http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/comple ... ling-dopdf
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

Eta Beta

Post by Eta Beta »

Hi Key Master,
Thanks for your kind reply.
When I wrote "a (friendly) way to add/remove" I meant the "Add (or Install) printer" and "Remove printer" commands like many other virtual printers have.
These commands toggle/restore RECURSIVELY the structure in C:\WINDOWS\system32 (and further subfolders).
I assume the current version does not have that option, but it would be a very nice one to have as it would render doPDF a real standalone application.
Basically you could place in the install dir a "Drivers" folder from which the "Add (or Install) printer" command would fish all necessary files to copy in C:\WINDOWS\system32 (and further subfolders).
Hope that I have been clear ;)
Also (an off topic question), any chance to get an email notification when a reply to this thread is posted?
Thanks again and best regards :)

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hi,
doPDF can be uninstalled normally using the Add/Remove Programs section from Windows. However for a clean installation of doPDF in case of an issue such as the one you are having with "I accidentally deleted all printers from my system", you need to perform the additional steps as specified in the article from the above link to ensure that the application has been installed properly afterwards.
For the moment mail notifications cannot be sent on post submission.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated: