Recipients cannot open file

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Peddy

Post by Peddy »

People receiving the file cannot open it. They never had problems with PDF files before

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

After you create the PDFs, can you open them and view the content on your computer, before sending the PDFs to them? When they receive the PDF file and try to open it, does it give any special error message?

Follow us to stay updated:

Peddy

Post by Peddy »

Answer # 1: "Hello: there is something wrong with your mail and/or the attachment. Not only I couldn't open it but also couldn't 'reply'. So please send again"
Answer # 2: "My computer says it needs to know what programme created the format before it will open it".
Answer # 3: "My compiuter cannot open this file - I have never had problems with PDFs before that I can remember. No explanation".

Claudiu (Softland)

I see, but did you try opening the pdf you sent them on your computer to see if it works? If there was a problem with dopdf, the pdf would also be 0kb in size.

Peddy

Post by Peddy »

Thanks for your kind answer. The PDF works ok in my computer - the only problem is that it takes long to be e-mailed. On the other hand, I'm also getting answers saying they can open the file. Best!

Claudiu (Softland)

if it works on your computer, then the pdf is ok; make sure you tell them to have a pdf viewer installed (such as adobe reader - free) to be able to open the pdf. also if it takes long to be emailed its size probably is quite large, so you might follow some advices on reducing the pdf file size - http://www.dopdf.com/forum/topic/keeping-file-size-down

kennethmgreen

Post by kennethmgreen »

I'm not so sure the statement "if it works on your computer, then the pdf is ok" is necessarily true. Depends on what software is being used to open the PDF, right?
I use a program on my Blackberry called Repligo Reader to open/read PDFs. Been using it for awhile. For some reason, it does not read PDFs created by doPDF. No problem with PDFs (the same documents) created by Adobe Reader, or another pdf creator I was using prior to doPDF. Something is different.

Claudiu (Softland)

We don't have a Blackberry here to test this, but have you tried opening the pdf with another pdf reader on your blackberry?

wuyun

Post by wuyun »

Yes ,i can always open the PDF files if i have a PDF reader or have some reader like Kindle OR NOOK.