Open with PDF reader

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
CocoaCin

Post by CocoaCin »

Features of doPDF:
"Open with PDF reader - You can choose to have the PDF opened with the default PDF reader once it's converted."
This feature works great on my XP machine but does not work on my new W7Pro64 machine.

The PDF is generated and goes to the selected folder, it just does not start Adobe Rdr. I tried several versions of Adobe Rdr with no luck.
Any Ideals?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Please make sure you have the Adobe reader setup to be the default application for opening PDF files.
Also let us know the doPDF version and build you have installed on your computer so we can test this as well from here.
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

CocoaCin

Post by CocoaCin »

Thanks for responding,
Adobe Reader ver 9.4.0 is my default PDF reader, it opens when I select any PDF file.

I realize that Adobe has a ver 10 but they changed the save feature so ver 9 works better for me.
I have doPDF ver 7.2.370 installed as my default printer.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Claudiu (Softland)

It's strange, I believe Adobe Reader has a small problem, because we only send a "signal" to open the PDF, basically just like someone double-clicking a PDF file. Have you tried a different pdf viewer, like Foxit PDF reader (free too)? You would have to set it as the default.

CocoaCin

Post by CocoaCin »

As per your suggestion I set Nitro PDF Rdr as my default PDF Rdr and all was well.

I reset Adobe back to my default reader and it worked like a charm.

Your assumption that Adobe had a problem was correct and needed to be reset as default.
Thanks for your support

Claudiu (Softland)

Glad I could help, thank you too for using doPDF.

Mariano

Post by Mariano »

I’m new here and need a quick answer please as I’m not an expert with PDFs – I have a test webpage that I want to convert into pdf so it can be opened later by any pdf reading software, not only Adobe PDF reader. Can anyone tell me how I can convert a published html pages into PDF so it later opens at any PDF reader?
Thanks,
Mariano.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
You can use the doPDF printer directly from your browser to convert the webpage to PDF after publishing it..