Installation Option for Office Plugin

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
DERoss

Installation Option for Office Plugin

Post by DERoss »

When I install a new version of doPDF, there is a option to install its plugin for Windows Office. The default is to install. That default is controlled by a tiny checkbox that contains a gray check mark. To avoid installing the plugin, it is necessary to clear the check mark, which is very difficult to see.

It appears to me that you want to force me to install the plugin, which I do not want to do. PLEASE make the check mark black instead of gray and make the checkbox somewhat larger. DO NOT HIDE what you are doing.

DERoss

Re: Installation Option for Office Plugin

Post by DERoss »

During installation, there is also a second checkbox to control whether to send usage reports back to doPDF. This one also defaults to a light gray check mark. Both checkboxes seem to be intentionally designed to obtain results desired by the doPDF developers without users informed consent.

Lorant (Softland)

Post by Lorant (Softland) »

Hi, those 2 checkboxes are designed using the same theme we use throughout the installer. Isn't what you see exactly as in the image below, and if not can you tell me what OS you have?
install.png
install.png (35.86 KiB) Viewed 56393 times

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

While I see the word "image", I do not see any image.

My OS is Windows 7 SP1 (x64).

Lorant (Softland)

How about now?

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

In your image, the check marks are indeed black. However, when I install a new version, they are light gray. If you would keep this issue open until then, I will capture a screen print of what I see when I install the next update.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

My configuration includes:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (x64)
ASUS VE208T monitor; set: 1280x720, 32-bit color, standard mode, brightness 100%

I just now installed doPDF 9.2.235. I still see the check marks in the installer window as very light gray, not black. I include a screen shot of the installer window in two formats: JPEG and GIF. Image Image

Lorant (Softland)

We're trying to reproduce this here and we'll make changes in the next build to increase visibility.

DERoss

Post by DERoss »

This is still a problem when installing doPDF 9.3.237.

Lorant (Softland)

We've modified that background to be white but it seems that the problem isn't solved. This happens because on that computer the themes are de-activated. We'll try to find another solution to have it more visible in these cases (i.e. when themes are de-activated).