Improvement suggestion

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
WShepherd

Post by WShepherd »

Hi, would you consider changing the interface so the target folder is in a separate input box from the filename? I don't know about you, but I always change the suggested filename to something more meaningful and it's such a pain to move the cursor to the start of the filename, after the backslash of the path. Thanks.

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Thank you for the suggestion, we'll consider changing it.

Follow us to stay updated:

DoPDF-Fan_DDB

Post by DoPDF-Fan_DDB »

I have now been using DoPDF and recommending it to others whole heartedly for the past several years. Thank you for this excellent progam!

The above item is the ONLY suggestion I would have for improving this program.

I have the flag set to "Always use this folder" but I have the same problem stated above when printing from many web sites where the filename is something extremely long, it is difficult to find the correct place to start replacing only the filename and not accidently take out the back slash. It would be the greatest if the program would see that the flag is set then automatically select only the filename portion of the pathname string. That way, the user could simply start typing the new filename and replace the existing original default filename leaving the path intact.

Claudiu (Softland)

Thank you too for helping us spread the word about doPDF. We are going to change the behavior of the Save window, though I'm not sure if in version 7.2 or in the next major version.

bluegroper

Post by bluegroper »

+1 for this suggestion.

A little disappointed to see its already 1 year old.

Seems that 7.2 is stuck doing drive, directory, and filename the same old "combined" way.

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
We did not give a precise moment when this functionality feature will be included. At this moment we have other priorities unfortunately and this is a bit delayed.
Thank you for understanding.