Fix output folder

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
Eduardo Schneider Schramm

Post by Eduardo Schneider Schramm »

How can I fix an default output folder?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

In a future version (probably 6.1) it will be possible to set an output folder as default no matter where you start the printing from. So right now you cannot save the PDF files in a "fixed" folder.
The way it works now, doPDF will offer as the default destination the location from where the document to be converted is opened. So, say you open a word document from Desktop and you want to convert it to PDF, doPDF will offer to save it on the Desktop; if you open a document from My Documents, it will offer to save it in the My Documents folder, and so on.
Best way to have doPDF save the PDF in a specific folder is to copy the documents you want converted in that folder first, and after that to start converting them with doPDF.

Follow us to stay updated:

Xenomorph

Post by Xenomorph »

This has been the only real thing with doPDF that has bothered me.
I save all my PDF files to just a few locations. My Desktop, Documents, etc.
When I print with doPDF, it will default to C:\Windows, C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\, C:\Windows\Temp, etc. There is no reason it should try to print to those directories, especially since those are protected system directories.

I have to correct it each time.

Claudiu (Softland)

As mentioned above, in the next version (6.1 or sooner in a new build) under the Browse button there will be a checkbox to Save as Default which, when checked, will always keep the same output folder as the default one no matter where the document is being printed from.
As for the locations it suggests, the Temp folder or the Firefox folder will be the suggested ones when you print a webpage because the webpage is saved to the Firefox or the Temp folder.

Claudiu (Softland)

This feature is now included in doPDF 6.1.

JavierRobayo

Post by JavierRobayo »

I was using a doPDF very old version. In this moment i have not that installation file. Then i downloaded de new one.
ok, this feature could be usefull for people who save all pdfs in the same folder. For me this feature is like a bad dream. I normally save the pdf file in the folder from where the document to be converted is opened. I am very organized then i have many folders.
Whit this new version each time I do a pdf I have to choose the folder in order to maintain my hard disck organized.
I spent some time trying to configure my new dopdf as the version i was using before, but after a while i realze that it is not possible. Why did you totally disable this possibility?

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
Unfortunately the predefined save option is no longer available in doPDF due to some issues we have encountered. However you can try our novaPDF Lite version as it does contain predefined save actions as specified in your post. You can download the application from here: http://www.novapdf.com/download/setup/novapl.exe
Thank you for understanding.