default printer setting

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
jimbir

Post by jimbir »

How do I prevent Dopdf from setting itself as the default printer? It's very annoying having to reset my default printer. Do I have to buy something?

Claudiu (Softland)

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

Hello,
Please let us know when is this issue happening: when you install doPDF on your computer or when you use the Program Files window for doPDF from Start > All Programs > doPDF 7 > doPDF ?
Thank you.

Follow us to stay updated:

anualavee

Post by anualavee »

This happened to me as well: not at installation as one would expect, but as you print your first pdf it is the only option to proceed to set doPDF as default printer.
It is most unconfortable as it is only for pdf-printing and my work requires me to print a lot in paper as well..
I am quite impressed with the doDPF otherwise!

Claudiu (Softland)

Hi,
The printer sets itself as default only if there is no other functional printer installed in the system.
Thank you.

k0sh

Post by k0sh »

I have many other functional printers installed and it still keeps setting itself up as the default printer, which as the OP states, is very annoying.
I am running doPDFv7. I have looked under properties and any available settings to no avail.
Help please!

EDIT: I am running Win7

Claudiu (Softland)

@k0sh - doPDF sets itself as the default printer in 2 cases:

- if you are using the dopdf.exe program from Start->Programs->doPDF 7->doPDF. In order for us to be able to convert to PDF via that dopdf.exe window, it must be set as the default printer. If you don't want it set as default, use the other method for creating PDF files (i.e. open the document, go to File->Print and select doPDF as the printer manually before printing to it)

- if there's no other printer installed
I believe it's the first option in your case.

k0sh

Post by k0sh »

Thanks for the reply Softland.
I have just realised that doPDFv7 only sets itself up as default through one (internet) software package. When I print through it, doPDF sets itsef up as the default printer.
Must be the way it is called from that package.
Thanks.

agent86

Re: default printer setting

Post by agent86 »

I have doPDF version 8.8 installed and I still have this problem.

doPDF was not set as the default on install, but at random times it alters the default printer by setting itself as the default printer.

This is a bug in the software.