Can't make it work

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
doesanyoneknowhow

Can't make it work

Post by doesanyoneknowhow »

I need advice. I just can't make this work. I have installed and uninstalled other programs for hours now, including Microsoft Office, Open Office, and Acrobat Reader. Then I found doPDF. When I tried to work in doPDF, it seems it is saving in Acrobat Reader, plus when I try to use M.O. to save, it is confusing. All I want to do is type a MS Word document and save as a .pdf file. I used to do it easily. It seems things have changed since I last did it. I have spent hours trying to find a program that works, and came across this, but I still can't make it work. Do I need to uninstall MS Office and Acrobat Reader in order to use the program successfully? If not, can someone please tell me step-by-step what they do to end up with a simple .pdf document from a simple word document? I watched the video, but I am missing something. Thanks. p.s. Sorry if this posts twice but I see I need to check to see when a reply is posted. Maybe the admin can make that the default so I would not have to post again or maybe the admin can delete the first post. Thanks.

doesanyoneknowhow

Re: Can't make it work

I keep reading about saving it to a location but when I go File->Print I'm not sure that I see where to save this as a .pdf. I see properties. I don't see where to save this as a .pdf. What am I missing? Is it right in front of me and I don't see what I am supposed to see?

doesanyoneknowhow

Still trying. I found the part about Print and then clicking another Print button and saving, but what happens is Adobe, which I still have on the computer, comes up and it has the ugly reader with it. I want to save as a .pdf without it sitting in the reader window. I'm just writing what I am seeing so maybe someone can tell me where I am going wrong. Thank you.

doesanyoneknowhow

Okay, I successfully did save one copy, but then there is a toolbar which anyone can click on and then probably edit the document. How do I make it appear without the toolbar? Can anyone tell me? Thanks.

doesanyoneknowhow

Then when I click on the toolbar, another bar appears on the right hand side, and I am back to the .pdf document sitting in some kind of editing window. All I want is a .pdf without any editing options....I am trying to create an ebook and you don't need all the ugly editing options to the top and to the side. Any suggestions on how to do this or how to create a .pdf ebook? With no editing options? A pretty ebook, not ugly? Thanks.