Access 2007 report pdf max page length is 22"

You can ask general questions, share opinions or advices about doPDF.
cove3

Access 2007 report pdf max page length is 22"

Post by cove3 »

In creating a pdf from a report spec in Access 2007 using the dopdf7 virtual printer, I find that in selecting a custom size in report design, with any length over 22", Access flags the report as being outside the print specifications.

I'd like the pdf to be one long page rather than broken up into multiple pages such as using letter portrait as the specification.

It was my understanding pdfs can be as long as 100" or more. Is what appears to be a 22" limit set by Access 2007 or dopdf7?

Ron

Claudiu (Softland)

Re: Access 2007 report pdf max page length is 22"

Post by Claudiu (Softland) »

If Access reports that the report is outside print specifications then it's a limitation in Access, not doPDF. Did you try to print it anyway, even if Access shows that warning?

cove3

Re: Access 2007 report pdf max page length is 22"

Post by cove3 »

I found that Access has a 22" limit on page length and page width. Probably Access was developed with physical paper in mind and MS never updated Access to be more in harmony with pdf specs

If I try to print with custom defined and the warning showing, the Access pdf output is not correct.
It's possible if I selected something other than custom, like A3 13.9x19.7, it would work but if I want to use custom paper, Access seems to require the exact size

Ron